Interior cabinet organization is a must for every new kitchen. In addition to reducing clutter, having your items easy to find, will help make cooking more enjoyable. Items should be stored in the first or last point of use, being easily removed with out having to remove other items first.
Here are 10 of the most requested kitchen cabinet storage ideas:
If there is a refrigerator at the end of a cabinetry run, a 9″ deep pantry mounted sideways is a better use of space than the typical 3/4″ end panel. This pantry features a magnetic white board, pencil holder, coat hooks and a charging station.
2. Electronic Charging Stations
Cell phones have become a standard feature for everyone – young and old alike. On the market are various types of chargers for a desk. This model fits inside a cabinet, along with the keys and backpacks, to help prevent themfrom being forgotten on the morning rush out the door.
3. Tray Dividers – Although not a new item, it is still a necessity for every kitchen. These can be used for cutting boards in a base cabinet next to the prep sink, or for cookie sheets above the tall ovens.
4. Base & Wall Pullouts – Typically 3″ or 6″ wide, these spice/oil cabinets fit perfect in the small spaces that can occur in a kitchen plan. The ideal location is right next to the cook top or range.
5. Dry Food Storage – The best use of this cabinet is full depth, full extension rollouts. While some companies make door racks for smaller items, such as cans, they often can’t open all the way, due to adjacent cabinetry. Keep this simple by adding height adjustable rollouts and place all the dry goods in 1 location.
6. Super Cabinet – at 36″ wide, with the rollouts and door racks, all small and hand held appliances can be neatly organized in one spot.
7. Recycle Bins – Compactors have fallen out of fashion with my clients. Recycle bins are constantly being requested, with a minimum of two. While the large city issued bins are typically stored in the garage, who wants to walk there very time there is a container to dispose? An 18″ cabinet can handle 2 – 36 quart containers.
8. Tiered Cutlery Divider – Every day flatware and cooking utensils can be easily separated and kept handy to the eating area with this solution. Especially useful for a kitchen with only the minimum of 7 drawers total.
9. Cookbook Recipe Organizer – Keep your commonly used cookbooks free from flour with this cabinet storage and under cabinet rack. All baking ingredients can easily be kept on these shelves.
10. Spice Drawer – keeps all the smaller bottles and tins in one location. Not an ideal solution if you purchase larger bottles, or buy in bulk. Best location is in the prep area.
What are your favorite kitchen features? Any special storage solutions that you are looking for?
Whether you are a gourmet cook, foodie or survivalist, you need a kitchen that works for you, your family and your home. Creating a kitchen is a very personal experience. With an interior design background, and 15 years kitchen designexperience, Edeisa Kitchen & Bath Studio will provide detailed design solutions to compliment the style of your home. Whether you are working with an architect for an addition or within your existing space, we strive for the most appropriate layout. At Edesia we create and develop your plans, computer generated or hand drawn, elevations and details that will bring your dream kitchen into reality. Take advantage of our free consultation & estimate with competitive pricing. We service a 25 mile radius around Boston MA.
Edesia is the Roman goddess of feasting. We’ll get you cooking.