Entrance and Patio Doors
Why Choose United?
- Lifetime labor warranties on doors we provide and install.
- Factory trained professional installers that ensure your doors are backed by the manufacturer’s warranties too.
- We deal directly with large distributors of many product lines. This translates into savings for you the customer.
- We offer a variety of high-quality manufacturers and therefore can help you find exactly what you are looking for. Other companies will often push one product line as the “only” choice.
- Fully insured and licensed.
- A history of dependability and many references to prove it.
- A majority of our business is referrals and repeat customers.
- Free estimates.
- Financing plans available.
- Quick response times if there is ever a customer service issue.
Our Preferred Entry Door Brand
Doors individually customized for homeowners with the highest standards of:
- Energy efficiency
More Preferred Brands
Other Brands We Work With
Our Installation Process
Since every door installation is unique and poses different challenges, we offer here only a basic outline of what to expect from United Home Experts. Our project managers will handle every aspect of the job from beginning to completion so you don’t have to. The first step is meeting with one of us to discuss the project. Click here for a -Free Estimate-
- Each opening is measured and fitted.
- The existing doors and casings are removed.
- We check the opening for rot and framing issues and then flash, insulate and caulk where needed.
- Your doors are professionally installed using the highest quality materials and the most current technology. (Weather and environmental issues may affect the timeframe of installation. Your project manager will keep you aware of these variables.)
- Clean up is done both to the interior and exterior. Debris is hauled away.
- A United Painting Standard Inspection is performed by a Foreman or Project Leader to ensure that the job was completed to your satisfaction.
A Guide to Doors
How to choose stunning and practical doors for your home. Doors serve a practical and aesthetic role in the overall appearance and function of your home. The front door provides a first impression, along with security and privacy to your property. Meanwhile, internal doors shut areas off, which can mean savings on heating and cooling, noise reduction and the miraculous disappearance of clutter.
Doors add the finishing touches to a room, so consider the following when choosing yours:
- Make sure your door suits the architectural style of both the design and color of your home
- A door can be painted any color to suit your décor. Many of the fiberglass doors can be stained as well.
- Wood doors can be stained to bring out warm earthy tones. Be aware that using lighter colors on one side and darker colors on the other side of an external timber door may cause warping or splitting of the door surface. This is because different shades of color absorb different amounts of heat.
Most doors are made of aluminum, fiberglass, wood or steel. The material your door is made of will impact its durability, energy efficiency, appearance, and of course, cost.
Swing of the door
Think about which side of the door you wish to place the hinges as this will determine which way the door will open. Of course, this can apply to sliding doors too.
Is your external door an invitation to potential robbers? Have you considered that locking system you are going to use? Ask your United project consultant for ways to protect your home from a break-in.
Sound is often a significant stress factor. You may want to consider soundproofing doors to the study, the kids’ rumpus room or, if you are on a busy road, the front door.
Your door and your environment
The weather may affect the type of door you choose. For instance, if you live in a beach house you will have different doors than someone living in a snowy climate. You should consider the exposure your door will receive from the elements (for instance, it may receive some protection from a porch) and above all, match your door’s durability to the climate.
If you spend a lot of time entertaining outdoors or have a great view, you may want to install a door that will complement your lifestyle. There are a variety of French hinged and sliding patio doors that provide a beautiful connection between the outside and the inside.
*Door Photos Courtesy of: ThermaTru Doors
Areas We Service
Massachusetts: Acton, Andover, Allston, Arlington, Ashland, Bedford, Bellingham, Belmont, Bolton, Boston, Boxborough, Boylston, Brighton, Brookline, Cambridge, Canton, Chestnut Hill, Concord, Dedham, Dover, Foxboro, Framingham, Franklin, Grafton, Groton, Hamilton, Harvard, Holden, Holliston, Hopedale, Hopkinton, Hudson, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Lancaster, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Marlborough, Maynard, Medfield, Medway, Mendon, MetroWest, Milford, Millbury, Millis, Millville, Milton, Natick, Needham, Newton, Norfolk, North Andover, Northborough, Northbridge, Norwood, Plainville, Roslindale, Sharon, Sheldonville, Sherborn, Shrewsbury, Slatersville, Southborough, Stow, Sudbury, Sutton, Upton, Uxbridge, Waban, Walpole, Waltham, Watertown, Waverley, Wayland, Wellesley, West Boylston, West Roxbury, Westborough, Weston, Westwood, Worcester, Wrentham.
Rhode Island: Albion, Central Falls, Chepachet, Clayville, Cranston, Cumberland, East Providence, Fiskeville, Forestdale, Foster, Glendale, Harmony, Harrisville, Hope, Johnston, Lincoln, Manville, Mapleville, North Providence, North Scituate, North Smithfield, Oakland, Pawtucket, Providence, Rumford, Slatersville, Smithfield, Warwick, West Warwick, Woonsocket
Southern New Hampshire: Atkinson, Chester, Danville, Derry, East Derry, East Hampstead, East Kingston, Epping, Exeter, Fremont, Hampton Hudson, Kingston, Lawrence, Litchfield, Londonderry, Manchester, Merrimac, Milford, Nashua, Newton, Newton Junction, North Salem, Pelham, Plaistow, Portsmouth, Raymond, Salem, Sandown, Windham